Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Last Updated: February 25, 2019
By signing up for Full Slate service, you will be bound by these terms and conditions, and other policies and guidelines that may be updated from time to time (collectively, this “Agreement”). This Agreement is an agreement between you (“you”, “your”) and MH Sub I, LLC dba Full Slate, a Delaware limited liability company, and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers (collectively, "Company", "we", or "us").
We provide you with access to certain Materials (as defined below) to help you create and manage your practice. We may provide website services, general and personalized content, mobile applications, and other tools and services including internet-based applications that facilitate appointment scheduling, customer relationship management, marketing, promotions, and resource management (each a “Service,” and collectively, the “Services”) directly and through the website and associated domains and applications of http://www.fullslate.com (collectively, the “Site”).
1. What We Own
All material and products available on the Site and through the Services and any material made available for download, including, but not limited to, software, software documentation, all informational text, design of and "look and feel," layout, photographs, graphics, audio, video, messages, interactive and instant messaging, design and functions, files, documents, images, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted or made available for use or download as well as all derivative works thereof (collectively, the "Materials"), are owned by us or other parties that have licensed their material or provided services to us, and are protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property laws. All Company trademarks and service marks, logos, slogans and taglines are the property of Company. All other trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans and taglines are the property of their respective owners. Except as otherwise specifically provided herein, nothing should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademarks, service marks, logos, slogans or taglines displayed of Company without our express written permission, or the express written permission of such third-party that may own the trademark, service mark, logo, slogan or tagline. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose, or deep linking to, any name, trademarks, service marks, logo, content or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Company without our express written consent.
2. Your Rights to Use What We Own or License
You agree to fully and accurately provide the information requested by us when setting up your accounts and to regularly update such information. Your failure to do so may result in the cancellation of your account and loss of Services. You further agree (a) not to provide your account login information to anyone who is not your employee, and (b) to ensure all individuals permitted to use the account login information are aware of and have agreed in writing to comply with the terms of this Agreement.
Subject to this Agreement, we grant you a limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to use the Materials to the extent, and only to the extent, necessary to access and use the Services in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. This license does not permit you, and you agree not to store, copy, reproduce, republish, modify, upload, post, translate, scrape, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, transfer, transmit, display, decompile, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to discover any programming code or any source code used in or with the Materials, or otherwise distribute in any way the Materials other than as specifically permitted in this Agreement. You may not sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in or otherwise attempt to transfer any right in the Materials, create derivative works based on, or in any manner commercially exploit the Materials, in whole or in part, other than as expressly permitted in this Agreement. You will not reverse engineer or access the Service in order to (a) build a competitive product or service, (b) build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service, or (c) copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Service. Any use of the Materials for any purpose other than as specifically permitted herein or without our prior written consent or the prior written consent of our licensors, as applicable, is expressly prohibited. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in this Agreement.
The Services may include certain third-party software and services, which may require that you enter into separate subscription or licensing agreements with third-party vendors. You will comply with and, upon request, execute, any agreements that may be required for the use of such software or services, and to comply with the terms of any license or other agreement relating to third-party products included in the Services or made accessible to you through the Services. Your use of the Services or of such third-party products or services will constitute your agreement to be bound by the terms of all licensing, subscription and similar agreements relating to such use.
You agree that the Materials available through the Services are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to constitute professional advice, diagnosis or treatment, or to substitute your professional judgment. We are not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of Materials available from or through the Services. You assume full risk and responsibility for the use of Materials you obtain from or access through our Services.
You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in using the Site, Services and Materials pursuant to this Agreement, including laws, regulations, orders or other restrictions on export, re-export, or redistribution of software, and you will obtain all necessary export licenses.
If you are using our Materials featuring a model or property with a subject that would be unflattering or unduly controversial to a reasonable person, you must accompany such use with a statement that indicates that (a) the Material is being used for illustrative purposes only; and (b) any person depicted in the Content is a model.
3. What You Provide to Us
You are legally responsible for all Your Health Information (defined below), data, text, survey responses, messages or other materials uploaded, posted or stored in connection with your use of the Services (collectively, “Content”). You are entirely responsible for all Content that you, or others to whom you provide access, send, post, or otherwise make available via the Service. You hereby grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to use the Content in order to provide you with the Services, and you hereby represent and warrant that you have all the rights necessary and are in compliance with all laws to grant us such license.
4. Monitoring What You Provide Us
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor Content created using our Services. We may disclose any information necessary or appropriate to satisfy our legal obligations, protect us or our customers, or operate the Services properly. We, in our sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or require you to remove, any Content, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
5. Your Conduct
You agree to and represent to us all of the following:
- You are responsible for all activity occurring under your account.
- You will not share your password or let anyone else access your account except for your designated staff, or do anything that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security; and exit from your account at the end of each session.
- You are the practitioner identified in the account or are expressly authorized to act on behalf of the practitioner identified in the account.
- You are using your actual identity and you have only provided true, accurate, complete information about yourself and will update any information as needed in a timely manner.
- You verify that your country of residence is the same as your billing address.
- You will not use the Services or Materials for any unlawful purposes or to conduct any unlawful activity.
- You may not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available or initiate any Content that contains software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Services or the Materials or that may impact the ability of any user to access the Services.
- You will not send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.
- You will not access the Services through automated methods. The Services may only be used or accessed through an electronic device via manual control at all times.
- You may not send messages using the Services which do not correctly identify the sender and you may not alter the attribution of origin in electronic mail messages or postings.
- You will not attempt to or actually access the Services or Materials by any means other than through the interfaces provided by the Company.
- You will not attempt to or actually override any security component included in or underlying the Materials or Services.
- You will not attempt to or actually engage in any action that directly or indirectly interferes with the proper working of the Company’s infrastructure, including placing an unreasonable load on the infrastructure.
- You will not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging onto a server or an account which the user is not authorized to access; or (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; or (c) accessing or using the Site or any portion thereof without authorization, in violation of this Agreement or in violation of applicable law.
You represent and warrant that any Content submitted by you or your practice or transmitted by or on behalf of you will not contain any of the following:
- Material that is false, factually inaccurate or misleading;
- Material that is defamatory, libelous, deceptive or fraudulent;
- Material that is harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar or hateful;
- Material that may harm minors in any way;
- Material that discriminates against, ridicules, harasses or disparages an individual or group for any reason, or on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability;
- Material that violates any U.S. or foreign law or regulation, including without limitation any law or regulation governing advertising or testimonial;
- Material that would cause us, to the extent that we use the Content as permitted under this Agreement, to violate any U.S. or foreign law or regulation;
- Material that violates any person’s privacy right, including any such rights a person might have under HIPAA (as defined below);
- Material that violates any rights under CAN-SPAM, CASL or any other spam law;
- Material that infringes or violates any person’s copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right;
- Material that is obscene or derogatory or contains any adult-oriented content, like sexual material;
- Material that promotes violence, firearms, ammunition or weapons designed to inflict serious bodily harm;
- Material that may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal;
- Material that may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property;
- Material that may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort;
We may determine, in our sole discretion, whether or not an account is in violation of any of these policies. Violation of any of these policies may result in user information tracking with such information being stored to identify the offending user. Offending users may be permanently restricted from holding an account or using the Services. If we determine that your account is being used for illegal or fraudulent activity then your account may be immediately terminated and your financial data erased. We may also report you to law enforcement officials in the appropriate jurisdictions. We, and our suppliers, cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 5.
6. HIPAA and Laws
In accordance with the provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, and the regulations promulgated thereunder, including the Privacy Rule and Security, as amended (“HIPAA”), you agree to follow and abide to the following (all undefined terms in Sections 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 have their meaning defined by the HIPAA regulations):
- Ensuring that your use of the Services complies with applicable law, including but not limited to laws relating to maintenance of privacy, security, and confidentiality of patient and other health information.
- Implement and maintain appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect information within the Services.
- Such safeguards must comply with federal, state, and local requirements, including the Privacy Rule and the Security Rule.
- Maintain appropriate security with regard to all personnel, systems, and administrative processes used by you or members of your workforce to transmit, store and process electronic health information through the use of the Services.
- By using our Services, you consent to the terms of the Business Associate Agreement set forth below and you agree to protect any information received through such communication services in accordance with the terms of the Business Associate Agreement.
Specially Protected Information:
We apply the standards of the Privacy Rule in permitting access to the Services.
- You acknowledge that other federal and state laws impose additional restrictions on the use and disclosure of certain types of health information, or health information pertaining to certain classes of individuals.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for ensuring that personal health information is subject to the restrictions of the Privacy Rule and applicable law. In particular, you will:
- not make available to other users through the Services any information in violation of any restriction on use or disclosure (whether arising from your agreement with such users or under law);
- obtain all necessary consents, authorizations or releases from individuals required for making their personal health information available to us; and
- include such statements (if any) in your notice of privacy practices as may be required.
7. Our Use of Protected Health Information
Our Services may include use of your patients’ Protected Health Information that you or your personnel input or upload onto the Services or that we receive on your behalf from your authorized service providers or our third party partners (“Your Health Information”). You retain all rights with regard to Your Health Information, and we will only use such information as expressly permitted in this Agreement and our Business Associate Agreement. You authorize us, as your business associate, to use and disclose Your Health Information as follows:
- We will permit access to Your Health Information by business associates to whom you have consented to provide access to the Services and who have otherwise agreed to integrate with our systems pursuant to appropriate assurances (i.e., practice management integration vendor). You acknowledge that once we have granted access rights to another provider or covered entity (or their respective business associates), we have no control over the uses and disclosures that the business associate makes of Your Health Information, and the recipient may be subject to its own legal or regulatory obligations (including HIPAA) to retain such information and make such information available to patients, governmental authorities and others as required by applicable law or regulation.
- We may “De-Identify” (means health information that has been de-identified in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Rule) Your Health Information and use and disclose de-identified information as provided by Section 8.
- We may create limited data sets from Your Health Information, and disclose them for any purpose for which you may disclose a limited data set; and you hereby authorize us to enter into data use agreements on your behalf for the use of limited data sets, in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
- We may use Your Health Information in order to prepare analyses and reports, such as activity or quality-metrics reports, or any other reports the Services makes available, in order to render these reports to you. Preparation of such analyses and reports may include the use of data aggregation services relating to your treatment and health care operations, which we may perform using Your Health Information. Such reporting will be done in a manner that does not make any disclosure of Your Health Information that you would not be permitted to make.
- We may use Your Health Information for the proper management and administration of the Services and our business, and to carry out our legal responsibilities. We may also disclose Your Health Information for such purposes if the disclosure is required by law, or we obtain reasonable assurances from the recipient that it will be held confidentially and used or further disclosed only (a) as required by law (as such term is defined in 45 CFR §164.103), or (b) for the purpose for which it was disclosed to the recipient, and the recipient notifies us of any instances of which it is aware in which the confidentiality of the information has been breached. Without limiting the foregoing, we may permit access to the system by our contracted system developers under appropriate confidentiality agreements.
- We may use Your Health Information and Directory Information (defined below) to contact your patients on your behalf for certain Services, including (a) for treatment and health care operations messages, including sending appointment requests and reminders or post-visit treatment satisfaction surveys; (b) to request authorization on your behalf from your patients to use or disclose their health information for any purpose for which use or disclosure may be made with an appropriate authorization, including marketing purposes; and (c) to provide information about health-related products or services that you provide, or that we provide on your behalf as your business associate.
- From time to time we may incorporate information we receive from your authorized service providers; (including Third-Party Services as discussed in Section 17) or our third party partners into the Services we provide to you. Such information may include, without limitation, clinical information such as lab results, imaging results, eligibility information, and prescription history; and shall, upon incorporation into the Services, be treated as “Your Health Information” for all purposes hereunder. You hereby authorize us to request and receive such information on your behalf from such authorized service providers or our third party partners.
8. De-Identified Information
In consideration of our provision of the Services, you hereby transfer and assign to us all right, title and interest in and to all De-Identified Information that we make from Your Health Information pursuant to Section 7. You agree that we may use, disclose, market, license and sell such De-Identified Information for any purpose without restriction, and that you have no interest in such information, or in the proceeds of any sale, license, or other commercialization thereof. You acknowledge that the rights conferred by this Section are the principal consideration for the provision of the Services, without which we would not enter into this Agreement.
9. Individuals’ Rights
You are solely responsible for affording individuals their rights with respect to relevant portions of Your Health Information, such as the rights of access and amendment. You will not undertake to afford an individual any rights with respect to any information in the Services other than Your Health Information.
10. Electronic Communications
Use of the Internet and electronic communication tools are solely at your own risk and are subject to all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations. While we have endeavored to create secure and reliable Services, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to us over the Internet, including email, cannot be assured. You acknowledge that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, including email, is 100% secure.
You agree that we or our supplier may establish general practices and limits concerning use of email services, including without limitation, restricting the volume of messages transmitted or received by you in order to maintain the quality of our email services to other customers and to protect our computer systems. Email Services may not be used for bulk mail, open relay, or mass mailings. You understand and agree that neither us nor our suppliers assume responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery, non-delivery or failure to store or accurately store, any user communications, addresses or personalization settings. You are responsible for third party fees, such as those from Internet service provider or airtime charges and you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access email services.
Privacy and Security Rules
The Privacy Rule allows covered health care providers to communicate electronically, such as through e-mail, with their patients, provided they apply reasonable safeguards when doing so. See 45 C.F.R. § 164.530(c).
- Covered Entities are permitted to send individual unencrypted email if they have advised the individual of the risk and the individual still prefers the unencrypted email.
- Covered Entities are not responsible for safeguarding information once delivered to the individual.
- Patients may initiate communications with a healthcare provider using e-mail. If this situation occurs, the healthcare provider can assume (unless the patient has explicitly stated otherwise) that e-mail communications are acceptable to the individual. If the provider feels the patient may not be aware of the possible risks of using unencrypted e-mail, or has concerns about potential liability, the provider can alert the patient of those risks, and let the patient decide whether to continue e-mail communications.
You must ensure that any transmission of electronic protected health information is in compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule requirements at 45 C.F.R. Part 164, Subpart C and take the following precautions and when using e-mail or text Services to avoid unintentional disclosures:
- Verify the e-mail address and phone number for accuracy before sending, or sending an e-mail alert to the patient for address confirmation prior to sending the message.
- Limit the amount or type of information disclosed through the unencrypted e-mail or text message.
You further represent:
- You have appropriate privacy notices warning patients about the potential security risks of transmitting protected health information using email over the non-secure portion of the Internet.
- You have accurately disclosed your practice’s privacy practices including mentioning you have business associates who may host, transmit and store personal information in connection with email, text, appointment reminders and other services.
- You have obtained and documented patient consent to include personal health information in email and text message.
- You will manually encrypt transmitted files including PHI that you are sending to patients.
You agree to comply with all elements of CAN-SPAM and safe sender email practices. This includes but not limited to including unsubscribe links, your full contact information in all correspondence, and not releasing private and/or confidential information. You may only use email services for those customers with which you have an existing business relationship and which have indicated that they accept correspondence from you. You may not attempt to spoof sender domains, send spam or other offending email. Because of carrier technologies, we make no expressed or implied warranty of individual message receipt. We are not liable for any issues that arise associated with the content that you provide or unforeseen liabilities of it being delivered.
10.2 Text Messages
We may automate text message communications as a Service, but you are responsible for ensuring that the recipients of those communications have provided prior express written consent to receive them. The prior express written consent must identify that you may be sending text messages related to your goods and services using automated technology and that your customer affirmatively agrees to receive such messages. The prior express consent must include your customers’ written or electronic acceptance. Specifically, by entering a cell phone number into your management system or the Company system and not opting such cell phone out of the Company text message feature, you are directing Company to automatically send text message reminders and other communications to such cell phone and certifying that the user of such cell phone consents to the receipt of those messages. For Canada based businesses, you agree to adopt the double opt-in process comprising of 1) you may only use text message services for those customers with which you have an existing business relationship and which have indicated that they accept correspondence from you and 2) the customers must reply to an opt-in message from their handset. For reliable delivery, you must adhere to message limitations including length and delivery. You are responsible for all liability for any failure to receive consent or failure to opt users out of the text message feature. Additionally, you may not attempt to spoof sender domains, send spam or other offending text messages. You will not use the text message communication services on a phone number that has been exchanged, rented or purchased from a third party without the permission of the owner of such phone number. We make no expressed or implied warranty of individual message receipt. Standard text message rates apply for all text message services. We are not liable for any issues that arise associated with the content that you provide or unforeseen liabilities of it being delivered.
11. Directory Services
We may include your Directory Information (defined below) in our (and our affiliates) (a) “Public Provider Directories,” which are electronic directories for patients and the general public; and (b) “Professional Provider Directories,” which are electronic directories for Providers and other members of the healthcare community ((a) and (b) collectively, “Provider Directories“). Provider Directories may be made available in various electronic formats, including searchable databases, Provider landing pages, interactive reference tools, and integrated look-up features, among others. They may also incorporate information designed to help users, such as integrated maps, and licensure confirmation tools, among others. Provider Directories may include a “contact” feature that allows users to contact other users directly through the Services. Our Public Provider Directory may be made available to public search engines to aid Provider discovery. Listing in the Provider Directories is subject to eligibility criteria, which may differ between the Public Provider Directory and Professional Provider Directory. If you meet the applicable criteria, some or all of your Directory Information may be automatically included in the applicable Provider Directory(ies), unless you inform us in writing that you wish to be excluded. In addition, unless you inform us in writing that you wish to be excluded from the Provider Directories, we may provide your Directory Information and your patients’ reviews of your services to our third party partners who may include your Directory Information and the patient review information on their websites. A Provider’s “Directory Information” may include the Provider’s name, name(s) of physicians or other healthcare professionals associated with a Provider, associated specialties, Provider’s business telephone number(s) and physical address(es), and the Provider’s available appointment slots, as each is indicated from information a Provider has inputted or imported into the Services. The Directory Information may include additional information you input or upload into profile tools we make available in the Services (such as a profile photograph, accepted insurance, available office hours, a front desk email address, and the like), as and when such tools are available. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, the Business Information and any consumer reviews may remain in any data feeds provided to third parties but is subject to removal at any time as determined by us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we are not a referral service and do not recommend or endorse any particular healthcare provider. We may use proprietary processes and algorithms to select, compile and adjust certain data to generate ratings. Ratings compiled are opinion and not statements of fact.
12. Data Consent for Services
In connection with our provision of technical support, training and other Services, you agree that we may remotely log-in to your computers, devices and systems for purposes of providing the support, training or other Services, including, without limitation, technical trouble shooting, answering questions, benchmarking and providing training to you or your personnel. Remote login may be conducted through the use of third party entities. You further agree that we may also remotely log-in at any time as necessary or appropriate to maintain our Services.
We reserve the right to log off accounts that inactive for an extended period of time.
In addition, we may quarantine suspected messages. We also may modify any domain and user settings with or without notice, including without limitation, altering settings so that spam or bulk email is denied, rather than being quarantined, to avoid space capacity issues which jeopardize the technical or economic viability of the services offered, or the system used to implement the services.
You agree that we may automatically check the version of a Service that you are utilizing and may provide updates or upgrades remotely via the Internet. You consent to the receipt of updates or upgrades by means of download to your computers and systems.
You agree to keep your computers powered on during the Services runtimes that you specify. You must add us or our third party affiliate to the “allowed” list of programs and ensure that your firewall and anti-virus software programs do not block us. Additionally, your practice management software must always be accessible by us. It is your responsibility to contact us if you are upgrading or changing your computer systems.
13. Giving Us Access to Other Accounts and Services
Some of our Services may require you to give us access to or require you to provide login information and password information for accounts or services you may have with third party providers. When you provide this information to us or give us access to these third party accounts, you agree that you have read all contracts and written agreements governing such access, login information and passwords and that you have all the necessary contractual and legal rights to give us such access, login information and passwords. In addition, for certain Services, we grant you permission to create and submit content on your behalf to press release news outlets, directories, search engines, social media outlasts, and other destinations.
14. Call Recording
We may record calls between you and our agents regarding the Services (“Service Calls”) and in connection with Services, incoming calls, on your behalf as a Service, from, among others, your prospective clients (the “Inbound Calls” and, collectively with Service Calls, “Call Recording”). You consent to Call Recording and acknowledge you are responsible for notifying Call Recording to your employees and agents who may be recorded in a Service Call or Inbound Call (the “Recorded Persons”) and complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding call recording and privacy. It is your sole responsibility to provide and/or obtain, and you covenant that you will provide and/or obtain, all notices and permissions relating to Recorded Persons as may be required by applicable laws and regulations. You acknowledge and agree that if you collect information from Recorded Persons that may be subject to a privilege (including, but not limited to, attorney-client or doctor-patient privilege), you assume the full risk of using a third party provider for Call Recording, including any preclusion of the application of such privilege with respect to information exchanged during the Call Recording with the Records Persons.
15. Comments and Feedback
Any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information provided by you to us (“Comments”) are not confidential and you hereby grant us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, publish, modify, edit or otherwise use such Comments as we deem appropriate, for any and all commercial and/or non-commercial purposes, in our sole discretion.
16. Pre-Release or Trial Services
If the Service is a pre-commercial release or beta version (“Pre-release Service”), then this section applies. The Pre-release Service is a pre-release version, does not represent a final product from Company, and may contain bugs, errors, and other problems that could cause system or other failures and data loss and may only be used for testing purposes. We may never commercially release the Pre-release Service. We may alter features, licensing terms, or other characteristics of any version of the Pre-release Service that it releases. If you received the Pre-release Service pursuant to a separate written agreement, (“Test Agreement”) for Pre-release Service, your use of the Service is also governed by the Test Agreement. If there is a conflict between this Agreement and the Test Agreement, the Test Agreement controls. You may not disclose, publish or disseminate any information regarding the Pre-release Service to anyone, including but not limited to any new features or faults to any Internet forums. YOUR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SEE SECTIONS 22 AND 23 FOR WARRANTY DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY LIMITATIONS THAT APPLY TO THE PRE-RELEASE SERVICE.
If you registered for a trial use of the Services ("Trial Period"), you must decide to purchase the Services within the Trial Period in order to retain any Content that you have posted or uploaded during the Trial Period. If you do not purchase the Services by the end of the Trial Period, your Content will no longer be available to you. To be very clear, after using the Services during the Trial Period, if you decide not to purchase the full version of the Services, you will not be able to access or retrieve any of the data you added/created during the Trial Period.
17. Third Party Services
The Site or Services may contain links to other web sites owned by third parties ("Third Party Sites"). Please note that when you click on any of these links, you are entering another website for which we have no responsibility or control. You may also have the ability through the Site to login to accounts that you have for services provided by third parties or want to use other services that can be integrated with our Services (“Third Party Services”). We are not responsible for any activity occurring within Third Party Services, even if logged in through or linked to a Company account. You are responsible for confirming a third party’s HIPAA compliance if the third party is not our subcontractor, if applicable.
You agree that we will not be responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of your use of any Third Party Sites and/or Third Party Services, whether or not you were linked to or directed to a Third Party Site or Third Party Service through the Site or Service, including any HIPAA violations. You acknowledge that Third Party Sites and Third Party Services may be subject to the applicable third party provider’s terms of service, and you are solely responsible for reviewing and complying with any such terms of service. In no event will any reference on the Site to any third party, third party website or third party product or service be construed as an approval or endorsement by us of that third party, third party website or of any product or service provided by a third party.
18. Your Products and Services
- Products sold using the Services must comply with all applicable laws, including Commercial Products sold to individuals outside of the U.S. Items identified as “not for distribution within the United States” may not be sold using the Services.
- You may not offer or sell Commercial Products that infringe or have the potential to infringe the intellectual property rights, or have the potential to infringe upon an individual’s privacy, or that may be libelous, slanderous or otherwise defamatory.
- You may not use images or names of any third party (including notable personalities or celebrities) when offering or selling Commercial Products without first obtaining that third party’s permission.
Without limiting anything else in this Agreement, we may immediately remove Content related to the offer or sale of Commercial Products in violation of this Agreement. If you sell a Commercial Product using our Services, then you must, upon our request, (i) use commercially reasonable efforts to stop the delivery of the Commercial Products to the buyer, or (ii) pay a refund for such Commercial Products to the buyer.
The fees for each Service are specified in each order or invoice when you purchase a Service. You will be charged for the Services on a monthly basis, unless otherwise indicated in the order. All fees and charges are nonrefundable. If you choose to cancel your Services, you are still responsible for all fees associated with the remaining duration of your order.
Depending on the Services purchased, you agree to pay for the Services either via credit or debit card, ACH or within thirty (30) days of receipt of invoice. If you are paying by credit or debit card, you expressly agree that we are authorized to charge you (i) a recurring monthly fee for any applicable Services billed on a monthly basis automatically, (ii) any other fees for Services you may purchase, and (iii) any applicable taxes in connection with your use of the Services to the payment card you provide and to reimburse us for all collection costs and interest for any overdue amounts. If the payment card you provide expires and you do not provide new payment card information or cancel your account, you authorize us to continue billing you for all fees associated with the remaining duration of your service agreement and you agree to remain responsible for any uncollected fees. If your card expires or we cannot collect the fees for any reason, you have 30 days to provide a new valid credit or debit card for us to charge. If you do not provide new card information within 30 days, we will suspend the Services and will only reinstate them once you pay us what you owe plus interest which will accrue at a rate of 1.5% per month.
You agree to notify us about any billing problems or discrepancies within 90 days after they first appear on your account. If you do not bring them to our attention within 90 days, you agree that you waive your right to dispute such problems or discrepancies.
We may change fees at any time by providing you 30 days’ notice by email or through your Service portal. Your continued use of the Services after the fee change is your consent to the change.
20. Term and Termination
Your contract term will be specified on your invoice or order. You can opt to upgrade your service agreement to any other contract agreement that we are currently offering for sale at any time during your contract term. All fees are non-refundable. If you cancel your services before the end of your contract term, you are still responsible for all fees associated with the remaining duration of the contract term. At the end of the contract term, your contract will automatically renew for additional contract term(s) of the same length until explicitly cancelled by you by providing at least 30 days’ notice prior to the end of the contract term.
We may suspend performance under or terminate this Agreement and cease transmission of data associated with your Services immediately without notice if (i) we determine in our sole discretion that you have breached any part of this Agreement including, without limitation, any warranty or obligation, (ii) your credit or debit card provider refuses payment of fees or chargers or you refuse authorization for the same, or (iii) if payment for the Services is more than thirty (30) days overdue. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or suspension of your access to the Services.
We may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the Services, partially or entirely, or add, change and modify prices for all or part of the Services for you or for all our users at any time and in our sole discretion. All of these changes will be effective upon their posting on the Site or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted. We further reserve the right to withhold, remove and or discard any content available as part of your account, with or without notice, if deemed by us to be contrary to this Agreement. For avoidance of doubt, we have no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any content that you or other users provide when using the Services.
Notice of termination of Services by us may be sent to the contact e-mail associated with your account. Upon termination, we have the right to delete all data, files, or other information that is stored in your account.
Upon any expiration or termination of this Agreement, the licenses and use rights granted hereunder will immediately terminate, and you will promptly return to us all confidential information related to the Services or destroy all such materials and provide certification thereof.
21. ERRORS AND ACCESS TO SITE
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY AND APPROPRIATENESS OF ALL DATA AND CONTENT WITHIN YOUR WEBSITE; INCLUDING ANY ELECTRONIC PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION. WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR INACCURATE INFORMATION AND ANY POTENTIAL DAMAGES CAUSED BY SUCH INACCURACIES OR YOUR BREACH OF PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION. YOU FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT WE MAY NOT MAINTAIN COPIES OF FILES OR DOCUMENTS THAT ARE SENT BY YOU AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR BACKING UP THIS DATA.
22. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE SITE, SERVICES AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE AND OUR LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER COMPANY NOR ITS LICENSORS WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE, THE MATERIALS AND/OR THE SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED; NOR DOES COMPANY OR ITS LICENSORS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, CURRENCY, QUALITY, COMPLETENESS, USEFULNESS, PERFORMANCE, SECURITY, LEGALITY OR SUITABILITY OF THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS OR THE SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE UPON THE SERVICES AND/OR THE MATERIALS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IN ADDITION, COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES FOR THE DELIVERY OF ANY MESSAGES (SUCH AS EMAILS, POSTING OF ANSWERS OR TRANSMISSION OF ANY OTHER USER GENERATED CONTENT) SENT THROUGH THE SITE TO ANYONE. WE HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE DELETION OR FAILURE TO STORE ANY MESSAGES AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY THE SERVICE;
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ACCESS TO THE SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED OVER VARIOUS FACILITIES AND COMMUNICATIONS LINES, AND INFORMATION WILL BE TRANSMITTED OVER LOCAL EXCHANGE AND INTERNET BACKBONE CARRIER LINES AND THROUGH ROUTERS, SWITCHES, AND OTHER DEVICES (COLLECTIVELY, “CARRIER LINES“) OWNED, MAINTAINED, AND SERVICED BY THIRD-PARTY CARRIERS, UTILITIES, AND INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, ALL OF WHICH ARE BEYOND OUR CONTROL. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR OR RELATING TO THE INTEGRITY, PRIVACY, SECURITY, CONFIDENTIALITY, OR USE OF ANY INFORMATION WHILE IT IS TRANSMITTED ON THE CARRIER LINES, OR ANY DELAY, FAILURE, INTERRUPTION, INTERCEPTION, LOSS, TRANSMISSION, OR CORRUPTION OF ANY DATA OR OTHER INFORMATION ATTRIBUTABLE TO TRANSMISSION ON THE CARRIER LINES. USE OF THE CARRIER LINES IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL, STATE, NATIONAL, AND INTERNATIONAL LAWS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT: A) SOME OF OUR SERVICES MAY CONTAIN AN ANTI VIRUS COMPONENT, AND THIS COMPONENT IS INTENDED TO DETECT ONLY SPECIFIC KNOWN VIRUSES AND SOME UNKNOWN BEHAVIOR PATTERNS. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL DETECT ALL VIRSUES PRESENT ON OR SENT TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, NETWORK OR EMAIL SERVER; YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE TO ENSURE YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT BACK-UP SYSTEMS IN PLACE; AND B) AS PURVEYORS OF SPAM ARE CONSTANTLY SEEKING TO EVADE SYSTEMS DESIGNED TO BLOCK BULK MAIL (ALSO KNOWN AS SPAM OR JUNK EMAIL), AND AS A USER MAY NOT WITH ALL BULK TO BE BLOCKED, THE BULK EMAIL COMPONENT OF THE SERVICE WILL NOT DETECT OR BLOCK ALL BULK EMAIL, AND MAY ADDITIONALLY BLOCK EMAIL WHICH YOU DID NOT WISH TO HAVE BLOCKED. THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE EMAIL SERVICES WILL BLOCK ALL BULK EMAIL, OR ONLY BLOCK THE BULK EMAIL YOU DESIRE TO BE BLOCKED. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY MODIFICATION, SUSPENSION OR DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SERVICES WHICH MAY OCCUR FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE, ROUTINE OR EXTRAORDINARY REPAIRS, OR THE NEED TO RESPOND TO A VIRUS OR OTHER ATTACK ON THE SYSTEM OR USING THE SYSTEM.
FURTHER, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO SEPARATE AGREEMENTS YOU MAY MAKE WITH PATIENTS, CONSUMERS OR SITE USERS, AND YOU WILL LOOK SOLELY TO SUCH PERSONS AND/OR ENTITIES WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF SUCH AGREEMENTS. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL SERVICES YOU PROVIDE. WE HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR THE CONSEQUENCES TO YOU OR YOUR PATIENTS OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
WE OFFER NO ASSURANCE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES UNDER THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT VIOLATE ANY LAW OR REGULATION APPLICABLE TO YOU. COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTIES THAT THE SERVICES OR THE MATERIALS OR THE SITE ARE APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN ALL GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS. IF YOU USE THE SITE, THE SERVICES OR THE MATERIALS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION EXPORT AND IMPORT REGULATIONS OF OTHER COUNTRIES.
IN ADDITION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY DATA, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS CONTAINED IN OR MADE AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IS NOT INTENDED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, THE KNOWLEDGE, EXPERTISE, SKILL AND JUDGMENT, TAX, LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONALS. THE SERVICES DO NOT PROVIDE TAX OR LEGAL ADVICE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING SUCH ADVICE.
23. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
NEITHER WE, NOR OUR LICENSORS OR AFFILIATES ARE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF GOODWILL PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, YOUR CONTENT, THE COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY USER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MALPRACTICE OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU HEREBY RELEASE COMPANY AND HOLD COMPANY AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, AND THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, TRUSTEES, AFFILIATES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES, HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ACTUAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL), KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, MATERIALS, SITE, YOUR CONTENT, COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY USER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE THE PROVISIONS OF ANY STATE OR LOCAL LAW LIMITING OR PROHIBITING A GENERAL RELEASE. IN THE EVENT THAT, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY, COMPANY, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES OR LICENSORS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS IS LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY AMOUNTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY THEORY OF RECOVERY, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, COMPANY’S TOTAL LIABILITY, IN RESPECT OF SUCH AMOUNTS, WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT FIRST GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
24. EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE SITE, THE SERVICES, OR THE MATERIALS, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND THE MATERIALS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, YOUR CONTENT, THE COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR THIRD PARTY USER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS, ANY INFRINGEMENT OF THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR OTHER RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF, OR RELATED TO, THE USE OF THE SITE, THE SERVICES, THE MATERIALS, YOUR CONTENT, THE COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY USER GENERATED CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE. Certain states and/or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the exclusions set forth above may not apply to you. In such event, our liability under this Agreement will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law in such jurisdiction.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Company and its shareholders, licensors, suppliers, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, co-branders, successors and assigns (collectively "Indemnified Parties") from and against any and all liability, loss, claim, damages, expense, or costs (including but not limited to attorneys' fees), incurred by or made against the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising from or related to (i) your use (or anyone using your account’s) use of the Services, the Site or the Materials, (ii) your Content, (iii) your breach of this Agreement, including any of your representations and warranties; (iv) your contravention of any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, including, but not limited to, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, privacy laws and HIPAA, or (v) any Commercial Products you offer on or through the Site or using our Services. This includes, but is not limited to, any breach or violation of this Agreement by you or anyone utilizing your account. You agree to fully cooperate at your expense as reasonably required by an Indemnified Party. Each Indemnified Party may, at its election, assume the defense and control of any matter for which it is indemnified hereunder. You shall not settle any matter involving an Indemnified Party without the consent of the applicable Indemnified Party.
We may update or change the Services or the terms set forth in this Agreement from time to time and recommend that you review the Agreement on a regular basis. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Services after the Agreement has been updated or changed constitutes your acceptance of the revised Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, if we make a change to the Agreement that materially affects your use of the Services, we may (but are not obligated to) post notice or notify you via email or our website(s) of any such change. No modifications of this Agreement will be effective unless agreed in writing by Company.
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through Site (including the release of new tools and resources). For the avoidance of doubt, such new features and/or services will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
27. Dispute Resolution; Arbitration
Before initiating any arbitration proceeding, the parties will first discuss the matter informally for at least 30 days. If the parties are unable to mutually agree upon a resolution during the 30-day period, then any claim regarding this Agreement and/or the Services will be resolved through binding arbitration administered by JAMS and governed by the then current JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures. It is important that the parties address any issues promptly. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, an arbitration proceeding for any claim or cause of action must be brought within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or such claim is waived. As an exception to this arbitration agreement, the parties have the right to pursue in small claims court any claim that is within that court's jurisdiction as long as such party proceeds only on an individual basis.
The parties agree to arbitrate with only in their individual capacity, not as a representative or member of a class. No claims may be joined with any other claims and there will be no authority for any dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or brought by a purported class representative.
Arbitration will be exclusively held in Los Angeles County, California and each party will be responsible for its own costs, including paying any JAMS filing, administrative and arbitrator fees in accordance with JAMS rules. In order to select an arbitrator, each party will provide a list of two available arbitrators that have experience with the subject matter of the dispute. Each party may strike one of the names on the other party’s list. The parties will select an arbitrator out of the remaining two arbitrator names. If the parties cannot mutually agree on one arbitrator, JAMS will choose the arbitrator randomly from the two remaining arbitrators. The arbitrator's decision will be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. By entering into this Agreement, each parties acknowledges that such party has had the opportunity to have their legal counsel review this Agreement and that such party fully understand the terms and conditions set forth herein and the effect of entering into this Agreement
28. Governing Law; Jurisdiction
This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. For any claims, causes of action or disputes arising out of this Agreement which are not subject to Section 17 (Dispute Resolution), each of the parties irrevocably consents to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the federal and state courts located in the County of Los Angeles, State of California and waives the right to challenge the jurisdiction of such courts on grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction or forum non conveniens or to otherwise seek a change of venue. The aforementioned choice of venue is intended by the parties to be mandatory, and not permissive, in nature. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any such claim or cause of action must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. All claims not subject to Section 29 (Dispute Resolution; Arbitration) must be resolved in accordance with this Section 30. All claims filed or brought contrary to this Section will be considered improperly filed. Should either party file a claim contrary to this section, the non-filing party shall be entitled to seek to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs provided that the non-filing party has notified the filing party in writing of the improperly filed claim and the filing party has failed to properly withdraw the claim.
30. Copyright Complaint Policy
If you believe any Materials infringe your copyrighted works, you may provide a notification of claimed copyright infringement to our Designated Agent for copyright complaints. Please see our Copyright Complaint Policy for further information.
You acknowledge that a violation or attempted violation of any of this Agreement will cause such damage to Company as will be irreparable, the exact amount of which would be impossible to ascertain and for which there will be no adequate remedy at law. Accordingly, you agree that Company will be entitled as a matter of right to an injunction issued by any court of competent jurisdiction, restraining such violation or attempted violation of these terms and conditions by you, or your affiliates, partners, or agents, as well as to recover from you any and all costs and expenses sustained or incurred by Company in obtaining such an injunction, including, without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees. You agree that no bond or other security will be required in connection with such injunction.
In no event shall you be entitled to rescission, injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of Company, the exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or the exploitation of the Site or any content used or displayed through the Site.
This Agreement supersedes any written, electronic, or oral communication you may have had with us or any agent or representative thereof, and constitutes the complete and total agreement between the parties. If any portion of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of this Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone else without our prior written consent. All of our rights and obligations under this Agreement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law, corporate restructure, to any affiliate or otherwise. This Agreement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights. Each party is an independent contractor and not a partner or agent of the other. This Agreement does not create an agency, partnership or joint venture and does not impose partnership or agency obligations or liability upon either party. The section titles in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. All notices and other communications required or permitted to be given by us to you under this Agreement will be deemed to be properly given on the date when sent to your email address or postal address recorded for your account. All notices and other communications required or permitted to be given by you to us under this Agreement will be deemed to be properly given on the date when sent by postal mail or private courier to 909 N. Pacific Coast Highway, 11th Floor, El Segundo, CA 90245, Attention: Legal Department.
Business Associate Agreement (“BAA”)
This HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (“BAA”), is entered into by and between MH Sub I, LLC dba Full Slate (“Business Associate”) and you (“Healthcare Provider”) who entered into a Service Agreement with Business Associate, for the purpose of compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its implementing administrative simplification regulations (“45 CFR 160-164”) (“HIPAA”), Subtitle D of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (“HITECH”), and the Omnibus Rule of 2013 (“Omnibus Rule”). This BAA hereby amends and is incorporated into any underlying agreement between Healthcare Provider and Business Associate; to the extent that the provisions of this BAA conflict with those of an underlying agreement, the provisions of this BAA shall control. Capitalized terms used but not otherwise defined herein shall have the same meaning as those terms defined in HIPAA, HITECH and the Omnibus Rule.
If, in the provision of services to Healthcare Provider, Business Associate representatives may receive or have access to Protected Health Information (“PHI”) that is created and/or maintained by Healthcare Provider, Business Associate shall be bound by the following terms:
- Permitted Uses and Disclosures. Business Associate may use and disclose PHI, if in the course of performing services for or on behalf of Healthcare Provider or as required or permitted by law, regulation, regulatory agency or by any accrediting body to whom Healthcare Provider or Business Associate may be required to disclose such PHI; Business Associate may also use PHI for the proper management and administration of Business Associate, or to carry out the legal responsibilities of Business Associate.
- Business Associate Obligations. Business Associate shall:
- ensure that its agents and subcontractors to whom it may provide PHI agree to the same terms and conditions as are applicable to Business Associate as set forth herein;
- implement reasonable and appropriate safeguards to prevent use or disclosure of PHI other than as permitted herein and report to Healthcare Provider any use or disclosure of PHI not provided for by this Agreement of which it becomes aware;
- make available to the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Business Associate's practices, books and records relating to the use or disclosure of PHI for purposes of determining Healthcare Provider's compliance with HIPAA, subject to any attorney-client or other privileges;
- report to the Healthcare Provider, and mitigate to the extent practicable, any harmful effect that is known to Business Associate of uses or disclosures of PHI of which Business Associate becomes aware that do not comply with the terms herein;
- to the extent that Healthcare Provider and Business Associate agree in writing that Business Associate shall maintain PHI as part of a Designated Record Set, upon Healthcare Provider's request, provide access and make amendments to such PHI, in order to meet the requirements under HIPAA;
- document such uses and disclosures of PHI and, upon Healthcare Provider's request, provide such information as would be required for Healthcare Provider to account for disclosures of PHI as required under 45 CFR 164.528;
- when Business Associate ceases to perform services for or on behalf of Healthcare Provider, Business Associate will destroy all PHI received or if such destruction of PHI is not feasible, continue to abide by the terms set forth herein with respect to such PHI;
- following a discovery of a breach of Unsecured Protected Health Information, as defined in HITECH, notify Healthcare Provider of such breach within sixty (60) days of the discovery of the breach; and
- to the extent Business Associate is to carry out one or more of Healthcare Provider’s obligation(s) under Subpart E of 45 CFR Part 164, comply with the requirements of Subpart E that apply to Healthcare Provider in the performance of such obligation(s)
- Healthcare Provider Obligations. Healthcare Provider agrees to:
- notify Business Associate of any limitations in the notice of privacy practices of Healthcare Provider under 45 CFR 164.520, to the extent that such limitation may affect Business Associate’s use or disclosure of PHI;
- notify Business Associate of any restrictions on the use or disclosure of PHI that Healthcare Provider has agreed to or is required to abide by under 45 CFR 164.522, to the extent that such restrictions may affect Business Associate’s use or disclosure of PHI;
- notify Business Associate of any changes in, or revocation of, the permission by an Individual to use or disclose his or her PHI, to the extent that such changes may affect Business Associate’s use or disclosure of PHI;
- not request Business Associate to use or disclose PHI in any manner that would not be permissible under Subpart E of 45 CFR Part 164 if done by Healthcare Provider; and
- be responsible for notifying Individuals, Media, and the Secretary of a Breach of PHI by Healthcare Provider or Business Associate in accordance with 45 CFR 164.404, 164.406, and 164.408.
- Term and Termination. The term of this BAA shall be effective as of the date last written below and shall terminate when Business Associate ceases to perform services for Healthcare Provider, except as provided in 2(g) above. Healthcare Provider may terminate this BAA if Business Associate fails to cure or take substantial steps to cure a material breach of this BAA within thirty (30) days after receiving written notice of such material breach from Healthcare Provider.
- Agreement. This BAA constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. This BAA may be amended only in writing signed by Healthcare Provider and Business Associate. The parties agree to take such action to amend this BAA as is necessary to comply with the requirements of HIPAA and HITECH. This BAA and the rights and obligations of the parties hereunder shall in all respects be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, including all matters of construction, validity and performance. Each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts residing in Los Angeles County, California and the Central District Court of California, respectively arising out of any disputes of this BAA.